Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rum and Coca-Cola and Fun on the Beach

I've been posting a lot of photos from the 1920's lately. I thought it'd be nice to change it up a little bit.

Here is my grandmother Anna (the one on top) with a girlfriend of hers sometime in the mid-1940's. It was most likely taken in the Rockaways here on Long Island.

They are all dolled up to go to the beach! Their bathing suits are so cute too. The beginning of the two-piece. Still conservative at this point in time, but we're getting there.

It is so strange seeing grandparents like this. Young and goofy :) My grandmother probably is close to my age in the picture. It just makes me wonder, what if I met her back then. Would we have been friends? Could she relate to me?









I like to have a soundtrack for everything, and I thought this song would go great with my post today. It's from 1945. Around about the time the photo was taken. The lyrics are.....hmmm....well.....interesting.......if it's about what I think it's about. You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment