Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Calogero e Rosa


Introducing my great-grandparents, known in America as Charles and Rose, but I call them Nanie Rosie and Grandpa Charlie. They both immigrated to America from Sicily in the middle of Ellis Island's peak immigration period.

I'm guessing the photo was taken in the late 1920's. I'm not sure on the date, but it does explain Nanie Rosie's fabulous Louise Brooks hair style. :) (The woman in the background is great as well!) Isn't just adorable how they are holding hands?

When did men's hats go out of style? I think they're great. I love when you look at an old photo of a crowd of men, especially in the city, all you can see is an ocean of hats. I think they should come back into style!


I actually have their wedding photo that I'm dying to put up, but it's huge. It's too big to scan, so I need to get my camera working to take a picture of it. Hopefully soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it.
    I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post…

    My webpage :: kod rabatowy biznes-host

    ReplyDelete
  2. When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she needs to be available that
    in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.


    Also visit my homepage; home renovations before and after (www.homeimprovementdaily.com)

    ReplyDelete