Monday, November 15, 2010

Manor House

Am I the only person in the world that researches Edwardian etiquette? Quite possibly. In my musings, I found this fantastic show from PBS (I love PBS) called Manor House. It's a reality show that takes 21st Century British people and makes them live as if they were living in a 1905 English estate. One [real life] family are the masters of the manor, while others act as their servants. The show reinforces my beliefs that I am damn lucky to be born when I was.

I love Edgar. All he wanted to do was be the best butler he could be and do his grandparents proud. Kenny comes in a close second. Mrs. Davies too. I love everyone below stairs to be honest. I wasn't too fond of the family though, except the sister-in-law. I felt bad for her . Sir Oliff-Cooper was a douche-bag though. He got a little too comfortable being the master. But I don't know them. They might be the best people in the world.

Check out it on Youtube and for more interesting Edwardian facts go to http://www.pbs.org/manorhouse/



No comments:

Post a Comment