Saturday, November 27, 2010

Only in New York

So last Saturday I had to go into the city to shoot some scenes with my project group for film class. They told me to meet up with them  at one person's apartment on 51st Street at 8:00 am. So I got up about 5:00 am to get a train into the city to be on time. When I get there, after waking up before the sun, almost missing my train, and avoiding bums in the subway, no one is there. So I called someone, and they said that they decided last night to meet up at the Apple Store on Fifth Ave, because we need to film a scene at a toy store and FAO Schwarz is right next door. No one told me anything about this the night before! But what can I do? So, I walk all they way to the Apple Store. At this time I'm still half asleep and now throughly pissed that no one told me about this change of plan. So I'm walking and taking in the calmness of Manhattan this early in the morning,which really is peaceful. If I wasn't already so pissed, I'd have enjoyed it. So I'm on my way to 59th and 5th, and I look to my right and see this:


Just someone taking their camels for a walk, like you would a golden retriever....... Only in New York..... I wonder why they were there. I don't think I was by some studio or anything, but then again who knows; could be someone's pet. Like that idiot in the Bronx that had a pet tiger in his apartment a few years back.

So after snapping this wonderful pic with my phone (gotta love camera phones), I continue my journey to the Apple store. Everyone is already getting ready for the Christmas season. All the stores on Fifth Ave are decorated. I passed Bergdorf Goodman, and they had their windows beautifully decorated. As a history lover, I love the early 1900s feel to the displays. So if by chance someone actually reads this post and before the end of 2010, check them out.

So I get there, then get a text from the group saying that they think they want to go to the Toys R Us in Times Square instead! So I (begrudgingly) walk all they way back to Times Sq. And it was not until 10:00 that everyone got there!!!! From 8:00 in the a.m!

We friggin wound up buying a FOA  brand teddy bear for the kid actor anyway!...... I love my project group though. They're awesome, so I really shouldn't complain.

But yeah, the camels were the main part of this post anyway. I love this city.

2 comments: